How Does a Beard Grow? & How Long Does It Take To Grow A Beard?
Posted by JAW GIANT
So what exactly is the process a beard has to go through before it reaches its fully grown form? Though growing a full beard takes from between 6 to 24 months, there are several phases that every man has to go through first when growing facial hair.
Let's take a look at the different beard growth cycles starting from stubble to a fully grown, fully groomed, awesome beard.
This is the stage where you experience the most beard growth. For about 2 to 7 months hairs grow around 1cm each month, these are the months of the most active growth. It is the most crucial stage of beard growth as it decides the length of your beard. Men with a shorter anagen phase will experience that their beard won't grow after a specific length.
Over time there is a drop in the anagen phase, which directly affects the hair's strength. This is why nourishing your beard with the proper nutrients is essential.
This phase between anagen and telogen lasts a period of two to three weeks and is a phase of transition. During this period, the hair growth comes to a stop and goes through a process that cuts the blood supply off ready for the telogen phase. Find out how you can make your beard grow faster.
This stage lasts for about three months and is also known as the resting phase. The inactive hair follicles are now ready to be taken over by the new hair that is in the anagen phase, and for that follicle, the process starts over again. If you notice hair falling out while you scratch or comb, your beard is 6 to 8% in the telogen phase.
Let's look at some facts regarding how long your beard will grow:
- According to studies, if left to grow wild, beards can grow up to 3-feet long.
- Generally, a beard won't grow any longer after growing for six years.
- The speed at which a beard grows comes down to several factors such as your genes, race and age.
- How long does it take to grow a beard? It usually takes from anywhere between six to twenty-four months for a full beard to grow; however, it differs from one person to another.
- Where one person's beard may grow 1cm each month another persons beard may only grow 0.5cm each month, everyone is different, and patience is vital.
Jaw Giant® 3.0 Hair & Beard Straightener
Brush your hair & beard to perfection in less than 2 minutes with the Jaw Giant® 3.0 Hair & Beard Straightener. With revolutionary built in Ionic technology, ceramic heated plates and anti scalding tangle free bristles you can now brush those bad hair and beard days away to look better than ever before.