How Do You Use Beard Balm, Oil And Wax?
Posted by JAW GIANT
Using beard care products are an essential part of maintaining and nourishing your beard. Most men, however, face confusion and difficulties when using beard care products due to an overall lack of understanding and guidance.
So, we’ve created this guide to help clear things up and provide a little light on how to use and why you need to use those goodies in your beard grooming kit.
Beard oil is excellent for stimulating beard growth and maintaining a healthy beard. It is recommended to apply beard oil right after you take a hot bath or shower as your hair will be clean and soft and will absorb the oils quicker. Make sure your beard is completely dry before you apply any oil as the water on your beard will repel the oil and prevent absorption.
- Start by taking 2-3 drops of your beard oil in your palms.
- Then rub your hands to spread it evenly among your fingers and palms.
- Next, start brushing your palms along your beard, making sure to cover the entire area including the front, the sides and the rear of your beard.
- Finally, use a beard comb to distribute the oil evenly throughout your beard. Take a little time on this step to ensure each and every hair is exposed to the oil.
Beard balm is another essential from your beard care kit. Once you have applied beard oil, you can proceed to apply the beard balm to your moustache and beard.
The balm works great for providing extra moisture and taming unwanted flyaways on your moustache and beard while also adding a shiny touch.
So, how to use beard balm? First emulsify the balm evenly through your hands by rubbing your palms together, then, use your hands and fingers to spread the balm evenly throughout your beard. Once applied, finish off by using a beard comb or brush to evenly distribute the balm through your beard, the same way you did with the beard oil. A pro tip for using both balm and oil on your beard is to use one during the day and the other during the night, which way round you use them is your preference.
You should apply beard wax after you wash, clean and dry your beard. Beard wax is a finishing and shaping product that can be used on top of beard oil and beard balm. Beard wax will help aid in controlling and shaping your beard while making the hair shiny and smooth.
How to use beard wax:
- Take out a small amount of wax and warm it in your palms by rubbing your hands together.
- Next, rub the wax into your beard by using a downward motion or in the direction your beard grows making sure to use your palms and fingers to stroke the beard wax thoroughly through the entire length of your beard.
- Finally, use a beard brush to give your beard a smooth and consistent texture and shape to your desired preference.
Jaw Giant® 3.0 Hair & Beard Straightener
Brush your hair & beard to perfection in less than 2 minutes with the Jaw Giant® 3.0 Hair & Beard Straightener. With revolutionary built in Ionic technology, ceramic heated plates and anti scalding tangle free bristles you can now brush those bad hair and beard days away to look better than ever before.