The Goatee beard resembles the beard of a goat, which is where it gets its famous name from. This beard style involves the hair on the chin and on the upper lip (based of course on one's preference as there are different variations of this style). This short beard is a perfect option for those who are looking for a middle ground between a moustache and a full-fledged beard.
This popular beard style looks great on men who have a strong connection between the hair growth on their chain and moustache and who are determined to put in the effort maintaining the style. There are several variations of a goatee beard, as an example, you may not want to flaunt a moustache with your goatee, and that's perfectly fine; the goatee is an 'open preference' style that can be groomed to how the individual decides.
How To Grow And Groom A Goatee Beard
To style a goatee beard, you first need to let your beard hair grow to around ½ an inch in length before you can start to shape it. When your hair has grown to length, you then need to shave your cheeks, upper lip, straight down from the corners of your lips and the area below your jaw.
Styling And Maintaining The Perfect Goatee
- Let your short beard grow, even if it grows longer than you would prefer as it will help you to style and shape your goatee.
- Use a beard trimmer or a single blade to shape your beard into your desired goatee-style.
- Make sure you maintain symmetry by balancing the width and length on all sides.
- Your goatee needs regular trimming so that it remains at the prim and proper length.
- Regularly wash and condition your goatee with beard wash as this will prevent it from getting unmanageable and oily.
Below, we have links to all the different beard styles available and how to grow, groom and care for these styles - why not check them out?
Brush your hair & beard to perfection in less than 2 minutes with the Jaw Giant® 3.0 Hair & Beard Straightener. With revolutionary built in Ionic technology, ceramic heated plates and anti scalding tangle free bristles you can now brush those bad hair and beard days away to look better than ever before.