Like a lot of people, you may not be sure what the difference is between mutton chops and friendly mutton chops, believe me, you're not alone, so we're here to clear it up, you ready? The traditional mutton chops style doesn't incorporate a moustache, whereas friendly mutton chops do, it's as simple as that.
The long sideburns of a traditional mutton chop beard style are connected with a moustache to give the friendly mutton chop style it's unique appearance and name. It is one of the few beard styles that looks great on most facial shapes excluding those with an overly pointed chin; this is because the friendly mutton chop style draws extra attention to the lower chin area.
How To Grow And Groom The Perfect Friendly Mutton Chops
As far as beard styles go friendly mutton chops are one of the more straightforward styles to cultivate. In this post, we're going to go over how to best grow and groom this style. The first step is pretty simple; you need to grow a full beard to the length of between 3-5cm. Once your beard has grown to length, you're ready for the shaving and shaping process. You first need to shave your chin; shave directly down vertically from both sides of your lips, making sure to remove all the hair from the area. Next is your neck, this needs to be fully shaved to around 1cm away from your jawline. Finally, you need to finish the style off by smoothly connecting and shaping the hair around your mouth, moustache and sideburns to your desired preference.
Tips For Maintaining The Friendly Mutton Chop Style
- Invest in a high-quality beard trimmer so you can easily trim your chops back to the correct length to keep them looking good.
- Be sure to keep your moustache and beard hair at the same length. The best way to maintain consistency with the lengths is when you trim your beard, trim your entire beard, not just parts of it.
- This beard style looks best at a short to moderate length between 3-5cm, although you can grow it longer if you wish.
- When you shape and style this beard, try to always do it according to the contours of your face.
- Remember that symmetry is crucial. To maintain an even look, always shave vertically downwards from the edges of your lower lip.
- Keep stray hairs at bay by using beard trimming scissors.
Below, we have links to all the different beard styles available and how to grow, groom and care for these styles - why not check them out?
Brush your hair & beard to perfection in less than 2 minutes with the Jaw Giant® 3.0 Hair & Beard Straightener. With revolutionary built in Ionic technology, ceramic heated plates and anti scalding tangle free bristles you can now brush those bad hair and beard days away to look better than ever before.